Abby's Blog

If you ever find happiness by hunting for it, you will find it as the old woman did her lost spectacles. Safe on her own nose all the time. ~ Josh Billings

7.17.2007








Well, I had a really busy weekend, but it was also a really enjoyable one. First off, I got Friday off work! That always marks the start of a good weekend! I took it off to go to Dayton to see my brother graduate from OIP&T. I'm so proud! He got a degree and he also wore a tie, I don't think I've seen him in a tie since maybe his 3rd grade Christmas concert or some other time my mom forced him to wear one, he looked so nice, although you can't see from the pics due to the gown. It was a very interesting graduation. There were a lot of people very excited about the graduates. For example, one family had cowbells and when an age 60+ woman graduated her children in the audience were very excited! The son (about 35-40 years old) was in the 2nd row, dancing in the aisle, screaming "That's my MOMMMMMMA! That's my MOMMMMMMMA!" He then pumped his fist in the air and made barking noises like at a football game. Meanwhile the woman next to him (his wife or sister, I don't know) waved her arms in the air, swinging them wildly, and appeared as if she may faint. Then later, when his mother got a special award they both ran on stage with her....It was interesting in the least. Needless to say, Troy was not disappointed that his cheering section was mild, I forgot my cowbell at home...
We also got to go to a reception for the photography students and see all of their pictures. It made me very disappointed that my brother got all of the creativity in our gene pool while all I got was math and science. I also got ripped off with a fat rear end and thighs while my brother has neither of either. I still think one of us is adopted, but my parents deny it.
Then Saturday, we had my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary party at my parents lake cottage. It was a lot of fun. My grandma and grandpa are really excited to become great-grandparents. Did I mention I'm pregnant?

8 Comments:

  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Are you serious?!? I just tried to call you, because you left me so stunned. Congratulations! When are you due and how are you feeling?

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger Maria said…

    WHAT???? Oh my goodness. I love how you announced that! Congratulations!! I am so excited for you!

    By the way, my friend Vicki reads these blogs sometimes and she found out you were pregnant before me. I'm horrible lately!! And she says congrats too!

     
  • At 3:46 AM, Blogger Rebekah said…

    Congratulations - both of you at the same time! And I might actually get to see you and Laura pregnant!

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger lmarett said…

    Congrats!!!! I am so happy for you and Derek!

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger abby said…

    Oh my gosh!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Abby said…

    Does anyone know who Imarett is?

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Abby said…

    Nevermind, I figured it out!

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    hehe congratulations! Can't wait to meet the little one!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home