Abby's Blog

If you ever find happiness by hunting for it, you will find it as the old woman did her lost spectacles. Safe on her own nose all the time. ~ Josh Billings

6.21.2007

Big News...

Ok so as many of you know, I've been working 2 part time jobs, one at WIC and one consulting at nursing homes and hospitals. Both are very good jobs, but drastically different as you can imagine. At WIC I counsel and educate pregnant women, breastfeeding women, and see infants and children up to age 5. With consulting it's mainly elderly with swallowing problems, tube feeds, pressure ulcers and other very unique problems. So it's hard to go from one job to the next from day to day. Plus, I can't get health insurance since neither are full time and I also accumulate paid time off very slowly. So I have been hoping and praying for one job to become full time. A few times it looked as if consulting would become full time, but it still hadn't worked out.

But then I found out our WIC director is leaving and the job was offered to me, full time with benefits! So of course I'd be an idiot to turn down. Especially since with consulting I drive at least an hour each day to and from work and have inconsistent hours. WIC also pays better, so this is an amazing answered prayer! I start, as director, August 1st!

P.S. In other news, Amy S. (Remember her from Bluffton) had a baby boy last week for those who are interested.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Maria said…

    oh my gosh Abby that is awesome!! Congratulations! I am very happy for you!

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    Director ey, wow thats so cool congratulations

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Rebekah said…

    Your lucky you got the WIC job as full time, working with women and children sounds a lot more interesting!

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Hooray for good jobs! You and Derek have been truly blessed!

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Congratulations! That is so awesome. He does give us such good gifts when we ask! Why don't I try that more?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home