Abby's Blog

If you ever find happiness by hunting for it, you will find it as the old woman did her lost spectacles. Safe on her own nose all the time. ~ Josh Billings

9.01.2007

Columbus, Peoria, Coaching, and Doctors

Last week I was gone almost all week. I started in Columbus for two days at a conference all about breastfeeding. It was a great conference and I met a lot of really nice people there. We spent the whole time laughing and having a great time. Also, talking about babies and breastfeeding makes me so anxious for February! Another exciting thing about the conference was that we stayed in the same hotel as the OSU football team. Apparently they stay there until the dorms open and feed them breakfast and lunch in their restaurant as well. So we saw them all over the hotel and in the restaurant at meals. I kept my eyes open for Tressel, but didn't see him, but another lady there did.

Then the day after I got back from Columbus we went to Peoria for the weekend to visit our friends. It was funny because we did all these tourist things we never did while we lived there. We had such a great time and I miss it sooooo much! It was hard to come back....

Another thing going on is Derek coaching the HS soccer team. Last year they only won 1 game and this year they haven't won any yet (they've only had 2), but I think they're improving. I absolutely hate going to the games because all I hear are people complaining about Derek's coaching. I just try to reassure myself that even if they were winning every game they'd still be complaining. Laura, didn't Bob coach too? Did you have this problem?

So yesterday I went to my OB. I was so excited because next time I go I get to find out if it's a boy or girl! So anyways, he informs me that he's closing his practice in 3 weeks!?!?! So now I'm moving on to doctor #2 that he recommends. Of course I'm an emotional basketcase but I was able to keep it together. I can't say the same about watching CMT today. I heard a new song by Kenny Chesney, "Don't Blink." If you haven't heard it, give it a listen...my guess is Laura will be the only one hormonal enough to breakdown, but who knows!

4 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Abby said…

    So, I made Derek watch the video on Yahoo videos and I cried again...will I be this emotional clear until February?!?!

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Yes, Bob coached baseball for several summers and the JV team last year. It was always annoying to hear parental comments. No body's child is ever getting enough playing time! I would just pretend I didn't hear it most of the time. However, sometimes I would turn around and smile at the mother so she would know I heard and didn't really care.

    And yes, the emotions continue. It does get a little better after a while, because you expect it more. However, Bob continues to be surprised at the silly things I cry about. We'll be watching a movie and he'll be laughing hysterically and look over at me and say, "You're crying!?!"

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Maria said…

    I always hated going to my sister's soccer games because parents are always so critical of everything! (and these were elementary school kids!)

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    I am so excited to find out too, I can't imagine being that emotional. Is everything going okay? I want to see pictures of your growing self..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home